Person Sheet

NameJulian Julius WILLOTT19,5,20,6,9
Birth16 Jan 1876, Farm In St. Peters, MO19,5,6
Death30 Sep 1913, St. Peters, St. Charles, MO19,5,6
Burial3 Oct 1913, All Saints Church, St. Peters, MO19,5,6
FatherMichael WILLOTT (ca1823-1884)
MotherJohanna ZERR (ca1837-1929)
1Amelia Emelia Emily INGLEMANN ENGLEMANN19,5,20,6,9
Birth15 Sep 1881, Algermissen, Hannover, Germany19,5,9
Death18 Jan 1948, 120 S. Service Rd, St. Peters, MO19,20,5,6,9
Burial21 Jan 1948, All Saints Church, St. Peters, MO19,5,6
FatherFrank INGLEMANN ENGLEMANN (1837-1916)
MotherGertrude LUDWIG (1836-1921)
Marriage28 Apr 1909, Martinsburg, Audrain Co., MO19
ChildrenFrances Gertrude (1910-)
Joseph Nicodemus "Uncle Buck" (1912-1967)
Mary Regina (1911-1978)
Notes for Julian Julius WILLOTT
Legend says that he was dragged to death behind a horse between O'Fallon & St. Peters. Also said to have been thrown from the wagon, hit his head on a rock, was comatose for 3 days, then died.

Audrain County Oracle, (Martinsburg, Audrain Co., Mo.) Thursday, 9 Oct. 1913, Vol. 6, NO. 48, Page 1, Col. 5.
"The following account is taken from the Wentzville Union. Mr. Willott is a son-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Ingleman, of north of this place
Jules Willott, of St. Peters, died Tuesday night around 8 o'clock from a fractured skull, received when his team ranaway while driving on the St. Peters-O'Fallon road, about half way between the two towns. The accident happened about noon on that day.
Mr. Willott, accompanied by Albert GEHRS, also of St. Peters, had gone to O'Fallon that morning for the purpose of buying a horse. They had made the purchase and had started home, when about half-way between O'Fallon and St. Peters the team became frightened at an automobile and ran away. Both men were thrown from the buggy, and in the fall Willott's skull was fractured, but GEHRS was fortunate in not receiving any injuries. The automobile stopped and took the injured man to St. Peters where he received medical aid. He never rallied, but grew gradually worse and died about 8 o'clock, never regaining consciousness.
The unfortunate man was 37 years old and besides his wife, leaves three small children. He also leaves his mother, two sisters and four brothers. Their grief is great and they have the heartfelt sympathy of many friends."

Tues afternoon, on way home from O'Fallon, where he had purchased a horse, the same one he was driving. It took fright at an auto and became unmanageable. In trying to check the animal, one of the lines was dropped and it was thus guided into a circle upsetting the buggy and throwing Willott and Gehrs out of the rig.


Mary called him Papa.21
Last Modified 19 May 2002Created 15 Nov 2002 by Reunion for Macintosh

Contents * Index * Surnames * Contact * Web Family Card